Buffalo Twice Baked Potatoes
Makes 6 servings
- 3 large Washington Russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Buffalo sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2 green onions, thin-sliced, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400°.
Scrub potatoes with vegetable brush under cold running water. Rub skins generously with olive oil. Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Arrange on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until tender when squeezed, about 50 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of peel for a shell. Place shells on foil-lined baking sheet and set aside.
In microwave heat milk and butter until butter melts, about 20 seconds. In large mixing bowl mash potatoes with milk and butter. Stir in Buffalo sauce, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the green onions. Divide mashed potato mixture among potato shells. Sprinkle tops with the shredded cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and potato mixture is hot through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese and green onions. Serve with Gorgonzola Dressing.
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- Pinch white pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until needed.